Essential oils have been around for literally thousands of years. They are nothing new, although in the last 10 years they’ve gained a lot of traction in the natural health movement that’s been sweeping the country.
I think it’s wonderful that people are looking for alternative and natural solutions to common issues. Essential oils can be a great way for people to dip their feet into the world of natural health in a safe and effective way.
Essential oils are easily accessible, affordable, safe and fun! Today I want to share my 5 favorite essential oils to balance your mood and help you feel calm, cool and energized
- Grounding Blend: Find a blend that has a warm, woody smell. My favorite reminds me of being out in the forest and smells like pine trees. It promotes a sense of relaxation, evokes feelings of tranquility, and I love to put it on the bottom of my feet to lessen stress throughout the day. My kids even love the smell too and when they take a whiff from the bottle their little bodies drink in the smell and I can see the relaxed look on their face and in their body.
- Uplifting Citrus Blend: I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t love the smell of citrus. Whether it’s lemon, orange, lime or grapefruit, they all smell amazing. My favorite citrus blend has multiple citrus oils in it. Citrus is wonderful to diffuse at the end of a stressful day to uplift everyone’s mood in the home. It reduces stress and has energizing properties that are powerful and refreshing.
- Restful Blend: Another helpful oil to have on hand is lavender or a blend with lavender in it. Lavender has been researched in scientific studies and has been proven to help with anxiety. A blend that contains oils like lavender, roman chamomile, sandalwood, vanilla and vetiver can provide calming relief and a sense of renewal. Putting a drop on your wrist and rubbing them together and then rubbing your wrists on your neck can do wonders. I like to put a drop on my pillow at night to promote restful sleep.
- Frankincense: Frankincense is a nice earthy smelling oil that is great to apply to the bottom of your feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood. It’s also a really versatile oil!
- German Chamomile: This is an excellent oil to diffuse to soothe anger and irritability and it also has a calming effect on the skin, mind, and body. It’s great to dilute and rub on your kid’s feet as it’s a gentle oil. Chamomile in all forms has been touted for it’s soothing benefits. If you’re high strung, getcha some!
Of course we’re lucky these days to have multiple options for purchasing essential oils. My personal favorite brand is doTERRA. They offer high quality, therapeutic grade essential oils that are sourced from their natural habitats which is very important.
If you’d like to learn more about how to use essential oils to relax your body, mind and spirit please join me for a 90 day program that is FREE to all who join. In this program my focus is to help YOU reduce stress and anxiety in your life. The only thing you need to agree to is purchasing some foundational supplements and essential oils, and I’ll provide the support, coaching within a private facebook group, healthy meal plans, weekly lifestyle tips and more!
Contact me at hannah (at) hannahhepworth.com if you want to learn more!
To YOUR Health!